What's Next?
What’s Next?
Existing
Market:
1. The
Customizer Idea has been used for other weight loss programs but not in retail.
Because it is new to the retail world, it will need some getting used to by our
future customizers.
2. Interviews:
l Heaven stated
that she believes instead of offering gowns that we should offer undergarments
as well. Plus size women would love to have undergarments like Victoria Secret offers
but they usually don’t have some for bigger women.
l Ashley thinks
we should have a segment that we monthly speak to plus size women so they can
give their input of what they want to see the INDUSTRY offer.
l Tracy believes
that we should make sure the store screams plus size but very couture and we
should conduct more research by going out into all communities and request what
they like in fashion and what they can afford. She also stated that we should
start a store for women who can’t afford our gowns and mini store for younger
plus size girls.
3. I
believe their feedback made sense and had points. I believe they will better my
business opportunity. My favorite feedback was Heaven because some women have
trouble areas and need undergarments that can be tailored to them. I believe it
would be beneficial as well to go out
into communities and figure out what they would prefer to pay.
New
Market:
1. My
existing market does target plus size women but we would also like to target
plus size men. Similarly, to the issues that plus size women face today, I
believe plus size men lack a variety of formal wear. Although their issue is
simpler to solve, there still is an issue.
2. I
believe it will contribute value to my venture concept because it can add a Him
and Her aspect. Plus size couples can shop together and can expand the Industry
into chain stores eventually becoming a household name nationally and
internationally.
3. Interviews
l Beaudouin
is my father and I spoke to him about his issues with buying formal wear since
he was a bigger man. He told me that it was frustrating when most tailors
stopped before his size and he had to pay higher prices. He believes it would
be a cool venture that can help boost morale amongst plus size couples
l Berman
my uncle was a smaller man who gained a lot of weight over the span of few
years. He understands the shift it went from having options readily available to
you being exposed to a more limited set of options
Hey Beau,
ReplyDeleteYour New market was interesting, and it was definitely the complete opposite! Their problem would be simpler to solve because a lot of places have tailors that can easily custom fit a suit. Honestly, I know a lot of men that actually like to shop more than I do so I'm not really surprised at that.Although I was surprised to hear that the prices were that much higher than that of the average sized man.
Hey Beau!
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting to see just how much your existing market and your new market relate! They could both easily use the customizer to help them with their needs, which is very good for you because that means that you can target a larger audience with the same product. I also like the idea of also selling undergarments for plus sized women, since this is an issue I've heard a lot about as well. That could be a great "next step" for you idea!