Entrepreneurship Story

One of my recent experiences with entrepreneurship occurred during this past summer. My uncle opened his first business, a mental health group home in Palm Beach, Florida. My family and I helped him paint all the offices for his future employees, decorate the office space, create a logo and much more. It was a surreal moment, because someone who was raised in a low socio-economic background and a first generation college student like myself, was following his dream and making it happen. He serves as an important role model in my life, we saw him struggle through plenty of hardships but he persevered. I take it as an example for how I want to lead my life when it comes to fulfilling my dreams and aspirations.

Regarding why I enrolled in Principles of Entrepreneurship, I have always dreamed of opening my own fashion boutique and eventually owning a fashion house. To do this, I believe this class will help me prepare for planning out my business and giving me the necessary tools to achieve a successful business. Since the fashion industry is continuously evolving and creating higher standards, I believe this class will help me learn to identify the needs of consumers and how my future brand can help them solve this issue.


Comments

  1. Hi Beau! Thanks for sharing your uncle's story with us! It is very inspirational when people take matters into their own hands and make a difference no matter the hardships they faced. My father has a similar story, starting a small business to put food on his table growing up, that has grown into the career that he has today. It is also very inspiring to see that you are following your dreams to take part in the fashion industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beau! Your story of your uncle is inspiring and I know he would be proud of you! Great post keep following your dreams and one day you just might own that boutique you were talking about!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts