Solving the Problem

8A Assignment: Solving the ProblemThe Second-Most Important Part of Entrepreneurship

Plus size women are not getting the attention they deserve in the fashion industry, specifically in formal evening wear. They currently lack in variety of sizes, designers, beauty and retailers. According to CNCBC, 65% of American women are plus size and plus size sales totaled in $17.5 billion in 2015, but approximated 17-18% of total apparel sales: High Demand; Low Sales. There obviously is a market and a demand however, plus-size women feel their needs aren’t being met. Retailers and designers feel that they must make an entirely fresh design for plus size women, when the feedback from previous interviews I’ve conducted, women say they just want the same designs that are currently trending and put in front of stores. After listening to these women’s complaints, I came up with the solution called the INDUSTRY.

The Industry is a special apparels retailer that specializes in women’s formal wear, couture gowns, and a ready to wear line. The company primarily serves women who wear sizes 12-28.

Regarding our service, we want our customers to know that we want to meet all their “curvy” girl needs. We will have a brick-and-mortar store and an online presence. Both our stores will have a “customizer” (haven’t come up with a cool name yet; I’ll insert a picture below). There will be a model and the customers can adjust the body weight and measurements to match their own. Once we get a visual idea of their body type, we match them with our best products that flatters them the most. Not only does the gown appear but there are added “recommended articles of clothing” like a bra or girdle that they could use if they had any trouble areas they wanted to hide.  I believe one of the main reasons why most companies fail when it comes to serving this market is because they just aren’t listening. I believe this “customizer” will really help our customers who cannot come in person to brick-and-mortar stores. 

Comments

  1. Hey Beau!
    I am very intrigued by this solution! You made a very specific and creative solution to your problem, and I believe that it has a lot of potential. What I like most if how thorough it is, which shows that you have spent time thinking it over. I believe that this "customizer" could be very successful because you have thought it out very much, and because it is clear that it is a need that many women have and could benefit from greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beau,
    Your solution was very practical and innovative. It is apparent that you did your research on the market you are trying to appeal to. You are not only giving them the styles that they want, but also suggesting undergarments that help the styles flatter their body types. The "customizer" is also a great idea that i think all online fashion stores need to implement! Overall it appeared to be very strategically planned and I think its a great solution!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts