Tenaciousness is a competency.
Although it may be just two months but I feel you cover so much material in this class than you do in most classes in 5 weeks. Because of this, Principles of Entrepreneurship teaches you the importance of time management and how to prioritize effectively. You are usually assigned roughly 6 assignments each week because you are required to write your blog post and comment on two other blog posts and you repeat this cycle three times. I believe this class shows you the importance of deadlines and meeting them. In our future intended workforce, our careers will be demanding and require a lot out of us, I have gained from this class better time management skills and helped me learn how to assess different situations I am in.
Tenaciousness is also about attitude.
I remember the assignment where we had to pick an opportunity and expand on it. I didn’t know what I wanted to do my post on. I did not want to choose a bug from my bug list because I personally didn’t feel the need to solve those problems. I tried to come up with an idea for days, until I discovered the opportunity in another class. I then realized the topic was in front of me this whole time. Being raised among individuals who expressed this need, made it even more special to me and more reason to be pursued. There are a couple of assignments like the interviews when you try to figure out who to interview, that you decide, you don’t want to do this assignment but after conducting them you learn more about your customers and your opportunity. For me especially, I usually interview individuals from my past so I can learn what they’re needs were all this time and how to finally help them end that problem. Because of this class, I have learned to be more tenacious in my other classes and not easily deterred. For example, I am currently learning Chinese Mandarin and to say the least it is very challenging and there are many times I want to give up, however I think of ENT3003. I thought if I could complete and submit all those assignments on time and come up with an entire business, then I could learn these characters and say them properly. Throughout life, we sometimes think we can’t do something when we can do anything we put our minds to. Although it is an assignment and not necessarily expected of us, through the work we’ve had to complete in the past months, I have decided to pursue this opportunity and put it into fruition after my college career.
Three tips.
Like a stated before I believe three tips I would offer next semester’s students about fostering the skills that support tenacity are to keep an open mind. It is ok for you not to know what you want to do that doesn’t mean you are not capable of being a great entrepreneur. Second, really hone in on your time management skills and if you don’t have it yet, this class will teach you that. Lastly, always keep pushing, never limit yourself, remember the best inventions and revelations are accidents so don’t be too hard on yourself—you are your greatest enemy.
I can greatly relate to your post, as this class is all about time management and organization for me, too! I remember in the beginning of the semester, I felt a little overwhelmed with the amount of work that was expected of us on a weekly basis, but once I developed a schedule and a routine, I was able to fit it perfectly into my life! Also, I like how you emphasize the fact that you don't have to know exactly what you want to do! Sometimes, people come up with the best business ideas when they least expect it. That is what I think entrepreneurship is all about.
ReplyDeleteI can also relate to this post and think any one who is in college would agree, that time management is one of the most important competencies to have during college. But as my colleague Kathleen mentioned, it's somewhat nice having a routine and keeping a balance is Important. I enjoyed reading your post and good luck the rest of the semester!
ReplyDeleteBlake Hygema